Get your running gears ready and join us in a 21km run among the tallest tropical trees in the world.
Sri Pelancongan Sabah Sdn Bhd will be organising Tropical Rainforest Run, a new race set in the amazing natural forests of Tawau Hills Park, Tawau on 28 September 2019.
Rules and Regulations
These rules may be cited as the Tropical Rainforest Run 2019 Rules.
In these Rules:-
- “TROPICAL RAINFOREST RUN” means the Tropical Rainforest Run event.
- “COMMITTEE”, means the Organising Committee for the Tropical Rainforest Run.
- “PARTICIPANT” means the participant of the Tropical Rainforest Run duly registered with the Committee.
The Tropical Rainforest Run is open to local and international participants who are in good health and able to complete the race.
A. Open Category:
All male and female participants must be a minimum of 18 years as of 28 September 2019, i.e. born before 28 September 2001.
B. Veteran Category:
- Men Veteran participants must be a minimum of 40 years as of 28 September 2019, i.e. born before 28 September 1979.
- Female Veteran participants must be a minimum of 35 years as of 28 September 2019, i.e. born before 28 September 1984.
VETERAN MEN & WOMEN
Participants must present their identification card or passport during registration or during race kit collection day for age verification.
PRIZES FOR ALL CATEGORY
1st Place : RM 2,000.00
2nd Place : RM 1,500.00
3rd Place : RM 1,000.00
4th to 15th Place : RM 300.00
Each participant shall be free to choose his or own attire for the Tropical Rainforest Run. However, the usage of transparent attire is strictly prohibited.
ALL RUNNERS WILL GET THE FOLLOWINGS
- Running T-shirt (*Running t-shirt sizes are given on first-come-first-served basis.)
- Finisher’s Medal (finish within cut off time)
BIB NUMBERS FOR PARTICIPANTS
Each participant shall be given an official bib number, which must be affixed with safety pins on the front and back of the participant’s attire. Race Bib swapping is illegal. This is especially important as emergency contacts are registered with the bib. This will also ensure that there is no cheating. If this should happen the runner will be immediately disqualified and the identity will be posted to all running events.
CUT OF TIME
The time limit allocated to each participant shall be as follows:
A. Men Open (age 18 – 39) & Men Veteran Category (age 40 and above)
The time limit for return route from starting point at the Park base to the Helipad Lucis shall be within 4 hours 30 minutes.
B. Women Open (age 18 – 34) & Women Veteran Category (age 35 and above)
The time limit for return route from starting point at the Park base to the Helipad Lucis shall be within 5 hours 30 minutes.
Note: Runners who exceeded the cut of time(s) will be “swept” back to the starting point.
Each participant shall complete the Tropical Rainforest Run without any outside assistance. If this should happen, the runner will be immediately disqualified.
DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
Runners are required to be self-sufficient on the run course with water/aid stations (W) set up to cater for re-filling of hydration packs or water bottles at intervals of about 2 kilometres to 3 kilometres along the marked race course.
CHECK STATION JUDGES
Check station judges with official nametags will be based at various check station(s) along the route. Each participant is required to pass through all check stations; failing which shall result in his or her automatic disqualification.
Any participant decided to drop out during the race must notify the race staff and proceed to walk back to the starting/ finishing line.
- Venue: Tawau Municipal Council, Departure time: 4:00am and 4:30am.
- Venue: Tawau Hills Park, Departure time at 1:00pm and 2:00pm.
Any participant may appeal to the Jury which shall consist of three members headed by a qualified Malaysian Amateur Athletics Union Technical Official. Any decision made by the appeal Jury shall be final.
The Committee shall not be liable for any injury or death, which occurs to any participant before, during or after the Tropical Rainforest Run.
AMENDMENT TO RULES AND REGULATION
The Committee reserve the right to amend the Rules of the Tropical Rainforest Run at any time as it may deem fit.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION RULES
- You must stay on the trail at all time. Shortcutting is strictly prohibited.
- Picking up plants, animals, fungi, and rocks along the race course as well as within the overall race area is prohibited.
- No littering along the course.
CLOSING DATE OF REGISTRATION
20 September 2019
RACE PACK COLLECTION DATE:
27 September 2019 (Venue & Time TBC)
Due to the time limit, the Tropical Rainforest Run will not accept any entry from runners participating for charitable reasons.
Map Route and Race Course Elevation & Distance
Official T-Shirt & Finisher’s Medal